Advanced Excel Training
The Advanced MS Excel training is designed for those with interest to explore Advanced Excel features/Tools, and professionals to master data analysis, visualization & finance modeling by applying advanced-level tools and applications of Excel.
Participants will learn advanced valuation modeling, shortcuts, ratio analysis, M & A analysis, project finance modeling, advanced MapReduce and charting techniques and usage of the financial calculator function. The course addresses theoretical concepts and provides practical experience in working with Excel in order to save time and energy at work.
MS Excel holds hidden power for high-level analysis and complex reporting – it just has to be drawn out. As a Project Manager, Researcher, HR, & Finance Expert you have the capability of using Excel to easily help you in your day to day decision making on many levels.
This hands-on training will help you create those tools, charts, graphs and projections that will become a key factor in your continued success. Enroll today to go through the most popular spreadsheet tools in Microsoft Excel. Our instructor will use his wealthy experience to take you step by step through the advanced Excel training.
By taking this course, you will be able to obtain knowledge and skills in using advanced excel Tools to enhance your work productivity regardless of your field of work.
What you will learn
At the end of the training, you will be able to:
- Create a dashboard with some common financial & project management requirements
- Improve project communications with charts
- Format, change, and edit charts
- Apply conditional formatting to save time and automate reporting
- Master Microsoft Excel from Beginner to Advanced
- Build a solid understanding on the Basics of Microsoft Excel
- Learn the most common Excel functions used in the Office Environment
- Harness the full power of Microsoft Excel by automating your day to day tasks through Macros
- Maintain large sets of Excel data in a list or table
- Create dynamic reports by mastering one of the most popular tools, PivotTables
- Unlock dynamic formulas with IF, VLOOKUP, INDEX, MATCH functions and many more
- Communicate effectively and present Results from Big Data in a stunning Manner.
- Understanding the Ribbon & a Look at the Backstage view
Quick Access Toolbar (QAT)
- Workbook and Worksheet Basics, Primer to Cells, Columns and Rows
- Exploring different views using Freeze Panes and Split Panes
- How to Create Formulas and use Functions, Lists Filters and Table Feature
- Basics of Charting, Formatting, Styles & Text Formatting
- Tips on Printing & Keyboard Shortcuts
- Gantt Chart, Pareto Chart & Timeline Chart
- Introducing the concept of Reporting in Excel
- Pivot Tables & Dashboards
- Analysis & Finding Anomalies
- Comparing Year over Year in Pivot Tables
- Reporting Hierarchical Data
- Introduction to Multi-Table Pivot Tables and The Data Mode
- Learn about queries (Power Query add-in in Excel 2010, Excel 2016 & 19 versions), and build an Excel data model from a single flat table.
- Learn how to import multiple tables from a SQL database, and create an Excel data model from the imported data.
- Create a mash-up between data from text-files and data from a SQL database.
- Get the details on how to create measures to calculate for each cell, filter context for calculation, and explore several advanced DAX functions.
- Find out how to use advanced text query to import data from a formatted Excel report. Perform queries beyond the standard user interface.
- Explore ways to create stunning visualizations in Excel. Use the cube functions to perform year- over-year comparisons.
Create timelines, hierarchies, and slicers to enhance your visualizations.
- Navigation & Data Manipulation
- Formatting, Importing & Sorting Data
- Grouping, Hiding, Zooming & Printing
- Formulas, Lookups & Calculations
- Graphs and Charts
- Intro to VBA, Macros, Form Controls, Custom Shortcuts, and User-Defined Functions
- Descriptive Statistics (Use histograms, Pareto charts, Boxplots, and Tree map and Sunburst charts
- Basic Probability (Conditional Probability & Bayes Theorem)
- Random Variables
- Sampling and Confidence Intervals (Confidence Interval Estimation, Sample Size Determination & The Finite Correction Factor)