Conducting Internal Investigations
Course Code: IFIS/RMA/010
About this Course
Conducting an internal investigation can be a difficult task. An investigation into employee wrongdoing can be costly, disruptive and time-consuming, and can also lead to a variety of legal problems and other unexpected complications if it is not conducted with the utmost care and confidentiality. However, a well-run internal investigation can enhance a company’s overall well-being and can help detect the source of lost funds, identify responsible parties and recover losses. It can also provide a defense to legal charges by terminated or disgruntled employees. But perhaps most important, an internal investigation will signal to other employees that the company will not tolerate fraud.
Conducting Internal Investigations will prepare you for every step of an internal investigation into potential fraud, from receiving the initial allegation to testifying as a witness. In this course, you will learn how to lead an internal investigation with accuracy and confidence by gaining knowledge about various topics, such as relevant legal aspects of internal investigations, using computers in an investigation, collecting and analyzing internal and external information, interviewing witnesses and writing reports.
What You Will Learn?
- Assess the risk of fraud within your organization and respond when it is identified
- Detect and investigate fraud with the use of data analytics
- Collect documents and electronic evidence needed in the course of an investigation
- Perform effective information-gathering and admission-seeking interviews.
- Discern legal and regulatory concerns related to internal investigations
You will learn;
- Prepare you for every step of an internal investigation into potential fraud, from receiving the initial allegation to testifying as a witness.
- Introduction to internal investigations
- Legal considerations during internal investigations
- Planning an internal investigation
- Investigating fraud using data analytics
- Emerging technological trends
- Internal evidence retrieval
- External evidence retrieval
- Information-gathering interviews
- Admission-seeking interviews
- Concluding the investigation
Duration and Fees
Duration: 2 days