Cybersecurity Awareness Training for
About this Course
The usage of digital channels in the banking industry such as internet banking, digital wallets, mobile and ATM banking has increased. This increases their exposure to cyber- related attacks which may lead to financial and reputational losses. According to the Annual Crime Report 2018, a total of 198 cases were reported compared to 158 cases in 2017 which resulted into a monetary loss of Ugx 610,335,000 to cyber criminals in 2018 alone! Is your bank part of these statistics?
Regardless of size, any Financial Institution can be a target. An attacker can have a number of motives, including theft of data, reputational damage or simply malice. The Institute of Forensics and ICT Security has organized a training on Cybersecurity for Financial Institutions on the 28th June 2019 at the Institute for IT Managers and Systems Administrators. This training will build a solid foundation for understanding cyber risk management practices, improving your information security program and securing your applications.
- You should know how to use a computer.
- A basic understanding of operating systems, networks, and the Internet is helpful.
- You should be able to download documents and install software.
On completion of this training, you will be able to:
- You will learn how to prevent an attack, how to detect an attack and how to react to an attack appropriately.
- You will learn how to convey eﬀective defense techniques without getting overly suspicious and being unhelpful to legitimate customers.
- You will learn how to balance trust with verifcation.
- How to build up your resilience to attacks and why this is more important than you currently think.
- Identify, mitigate and control threats to the organization.
- Determine which data is regulated and how to avoid accidental disclosure (basically data leaking).
- Secure your core banking application and prevent reputation damaging outages.
- Align your I.T with the best practices outlined by BoU.
- Ensure your staﬀ have the knowledge and skills to handle the ever increasing cyber threats without exposing critical confidential information
Our Fees Options are as follows;
Option 1: Per person package
Fee for per person to attend training at the Institute of Forensics & ICT Security offices: $150
Option 2: Customized Package
We shall customize and undertake the training for your company at your own venue and date (number of participants is unlimited). $1500