Investigative Report Writing
Course Code: IFIS FIE/01
About this Course
Communicating your findings is an important part of the fraud examination process. Whether working with a client or as part of an internal investigation A written report provides a record of the investigation’s results and builds credibility for your work.
What You Will Learn?
- Assess your audience and plan your report
- Organize your report content to maximize readability
- Incorporate visual aids to illustrate key points
- Identify and address relevant legal issues in report writing
- Write effective expert-witness reports
- Avoid common mistakes when preparing reports
- Access to word processing software
- Pen and paper
- It’s helpful to have a specific report writing project in mind – but isn’t essential
Features of this course
More about this course
For most people, the hardest part of report writing is getting started. In this course, you’re going to learn how to shave hours, days or even weeks off the report writing process through intelligent planning. You’ll learn what questions to ask so you’re not reinventing the wheel when you sit down to write your report.
But best of all, you’ll discover a miraculous technique that will completely revolutionise how you go about structuring your reports. I developed this technique while working with a client who had been tearing his hair out at that early shaping stage. With my help, in under five minutes he went from having no clue about how to order his report to imposing a clear, coherent, logical structure on his ideas.
I’ve since gone on to share this technique with other report writers and trust me they’re always blown away by its power and simplicity. I can’t wait to share this technique with you – and you’ll be glad I did!
- Fraud Examiners and other anti-fraud professionals
- Business professionals who conduct interviews
- Attorneys, legal professionals and law enforcement personnel
- Controllers and corporate managers
- Detectives and private investigators
- Governance, risk management and compliance officers
- Internal and external auditors, CPAs, CAs and forensic accountants
- Loss prevention and security professionals
- Business professionals, educators and students interested in the anti-fraud field
Duration and Fees
Duration: 2 day
Investigative Report Writing quiz
Do you the level you are when it comes to Investigative Report Writing? Test yourself by taking the quiz below