Course Code: IFIS/SCA/DF001
About this Course
Mobile devices are often a key factor in criminal cases, intrusions, IP theft, security threats, accident reconstruction, and more. Understanding how to leverage the data from the device in a correct manner can make or break your case and your future as an expert. This in-depth smartphone forensic course provides forensic examiners and investigators with advanced skills to detect, decode, decrypt, and correctly interpret evidence recovered from mobile devices. The course features hands-on trainings that allow students to analyse different datasets from smart devices and leverage the best forensic tools, methods, and custom scripts to learn how smartphone data hide and can be easily misinterpreted by forensic tools.
Smartphone technologies are constantly changing, and most forensic professionals are unfamiliar with the data formats for each technology. Take your skills to the next level: it’s time for the good guys to get smarter and for the bad guys to know that their smartphone activity can and will be used against them!
What You Will Learn?
- Where key evidence is located on a smartphone
- How the data got onto the smartphone
- How to recover deleted mobile device data that forensic tools miss
- How to handle locked or encrypted devices, applications, and containers.
- How to decode evidence stored in third-party applications
- How to detect, decompile, and analyse mobile malware and spyware
- Advanced acquisition terminology and free techniques to gain access to data on smartphones
- CPU: A 64-bit Intel® x64 2.0+ GHz processor or higher-based system is mandatory for this course. (Important – Please read: a 64-bit system processor is mandatory)
- Wireless 802.11 B, G, N, or AC networking capability (required for labs and licensing).
- Bring an adapter or otherwise ensure that your laptop supports an Internet cable for connection, as the class will be hardwired
- USB 3.0 Port(s)
- 8 gigabytes of RAM minimum (more RAM (16 -32 GB) is recommended due to virtual machine requirements)
- 100 gigabytes of free space on your system hard drive
Features of this course
More about this course
- Getting Familiar with an Open Source framework for Automated Mobile Security Assessment.
- Learn about One Click Report Generation and Security Assessment.
- Learn how to deploy MobSF at your own environment so that you have complete control of the data. The data/report stays within the organisation and nothing is stored in the cloud.
- Perform Automated Security Assessment for both Android and iOS Applications.
- Learn about the semi Automatic Dynamic Analyzer for intelligent application logic based (whitebox) security assessments.
- Experienced digital forensic examiners
- Media exploitation analysts
- Information security professionals who respond to data breach incidents and intrusions
- Incident response teams tasked with identifying the role that smartphones played in a breach
- Law enforcement officers, federal agents, and
- Accident reconstruction investigators
- IT auditors who want to learn how smartphones can expose sensitive information
Duration and Fees
Duration: 5 days