A well thought out course designed with the average security unaware programmer in mind. Your developers will be astonished at the things they do every day that turn out to have security flaws in them. To drive the point home, the course is designed with more than 50% involving hands-on coding labs. The ideal participant should have a development background, coding or architecting background either currently or previously. The candidate currently could be a developer trying to raise his or her cyber awareness. Or the Candidate may either now or have moved into a managerial position perhaps making them even more responsible for any security breach. In today’s world, there is not one day that goes by that the national evening news mentions a break in. While that may not seem that ground breaking in and of itself, the truth of the matter is much more staggering. Studies have not only shown but have proven that for every record compromised it can cost the company well over a $1000 in costs to repair. Those costs may be hard $ costs as well as costs of reputation. So if 10, 000 records were compromised… Well do the math! This can be not only a job limiting oversight but a career limiting one as well. And every manager knows after Sarbanes Oxley the finger points back to the man in charge.
- Cryptography Decrypted
- Account Management – The Key to it all?
- Parameter Diddling
- Transport Layer Protection – Safety During the Commute
- Cross Site Scripting (XSS) – Truth Is I just do what I am told.
- Cookies – Not Just for Hansel and Gretel
- Internal Implementation Disclosure – What’s going on inside the Beast
- SQL Injection – SQL Injection- What’s a Command, What’s Data?
- Cross Site Attacks – Same Origin Policy. Everyone Else Breaks it why shouldn’t we?
What You Will Learn
- Much thought was put into the course to be sure it worked and could be taught as a language agnostic course providing both the developer as well as management types to be exposed to how their own web site/web app could be compromised.
- The course will require no special pen testing tools that are normally used during a course similar to this. The author expects that you simply understand program logic. And if you know development techniques and have an architecture background you will walk away with a heightened sense of awareness about the things you do on a day to day basis.
- Regardless if you are the developer, the architect or even the project manager each will walk away with an astonishing clarity of how things could be easily improved and secured. To get the most from the course all participants should have at least some programming experience.
- This course is NOT language specific although program logic and design concepts both are an absolute must have! Most of the entire course will be not only enlightening but also entertaining and easily well worth the time allocated to take. You will instantly _nd yourself suggesting this course to other developers, project managers and architects on your team and at your company!
Who is it for?
Practically all information security personnel from any organization with the responsibility of handling important data would find this course beneficial, examples are:
- Government agencies
- Banking and Financial institutions
- Brokerage and Trading firms
- Scientific institutions & research agencies
- Computer design firms
- Consulting firms
- Science and Engineering firms
- Those involved with online related businesses & transactions
- Card related businesses